Many Indian students consider Mathematics a very difficult subject. Some students encounter difficulty with basic arithmetical operations. Some students feel it difficult to manipulate symbols and balance equations. These learning difficulties are because of wrong methodologies which are adapted in the school curriculum. Of late, many teachers and scholars have revived interested in Vedic Mathematics, a system developed by Swami Bharti Krishna Tirthaji to tackle these learning difficulties in mathematicsaSome of the advantages of this system are listed below,
- Vedic Mathematics provides one line, mental methods for all the basic arithmetic operations
- Vedic Mathematics builds pattern recognition skills among students and thus develops student’s creativity
- Vedic Mathematics has been identified to tackle learning disability among students
- Vedic Mathematics improves concentration skills among students
- Vedic Mathematics is vast and covers almost every part of mathematics like Algebra, Geometry etc compared to other mental arithmetic system
- Vedic Mathematics provides simple methods for cross checking answers in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Vedic Mathematics is useful for students appearing in competitive exams like IIT-JEE, AIEEE, CAT, MAT and other entrance exams.